Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:58:40 -0600
From:      Colin Harford <charford@infinithost.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Debug: Signal 11 caught.  That's bad!

System: Asus A7M266-D wAMD-768 Chipset, on dual Athalon MP 1900, 512 MB
ram, generic ATI card and Intel Pro 100 nic.

(dmesg currently unavailable...)

When I try to install FreeBSD-current based on snapshot bootable CD
(most recent) I get the following when trying to setup partitions....

Debug: installCommit: System state is "init"
Debug: diskpartitionwrite: Examining 1 devices
Debug: Notify: writing partition information to device ad1
	ad1: hard error reading fsbn 65 (ad1 bn 65, cn 0 tn 1 sn 2) trying PIO
mode
	ad1 hard errer reading fsbn 65 (ad1 bn 65, cn 0 tn 1 sn 2) states = 59
error = 40
Debug: Signal 11 caught! that's bad!

I have by default 3 60GB ATA Maxtor drives in the tower.  I have
removed the 2 on the secondary and the install still fails.  I have
tried reversing the order of the disk (HD as either master or slave and
it still fails).  I have tried one of the two other disks and I have
the same problem with it as well.

This problem alternates between finding my primary drives or not
finding my primary devices on boot.

Any ideas?

(Plug and Pray bios and all that jazz have been disabled).