Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:29:47 +0100 (CET)
From:      Khaled Daham <khaled@mailbox.telia.net>
To:        Martin Ostermann <ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootable CD

Ive stumlbed upon a text file whom the guy making mkisofs wrote ,
he stated that scsi-cdrom-drives was not aware of "El Torrito", and I have
a scsi cdrom-drive so that maybe is the problem..

On 24 Feb 1999, Martin Ostermann wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:03:07 +0000 (GMT), Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com> said:
> >> I ws just wondering if there is a special tweak to make a bootable CD
> >> for alpha. Ive done so for i386, and repeating that procedure didnt work
> >> on my alpha, SRM didnt think the CD had a valid bootblock.So has anyone
> >> tried ?
> [..]
> > I think NetBSD has some code for making bootable cds for alphas but I
> > don't have the source tree handy right now...
>
> There's also isomarkboot in the aboot package of Linux/Alpha. I once
> got it compiled and used on FreeBSD/x86, though it needed some patches,
> because it wasn't 32 bit clean, but assumed sizeof(long) == 8. If my
> patches didn't make into the source yet, you should be able find them
> in the axp-list archive at RedHat (sometimes around summer '96, I
> believe).
>
> HTH, Martin
> --
> Martin Ostermann                | mailto:ost+sig0@comnets.rwth-aachen.de
> Communication Networks          | http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~ost
> Aachen University of Technology | phone: ++49/241/807917
> Germany                         | fax: ++49/241/8890378

/Khaled, Telia Network Services

Mail:   khaled@telia.net
Cell:   070-6785492
Work:   08-4567281

:hacker: /n./  [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe]