Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 12:36:18 +0700
From:      pirat sriyotha <pirat@oaep.go.th>
To:        Tim Parkinson <tim.parkinson@ccr.ntu.ac.uk>
Cc:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Horrible things, NIC's

hi,

from my failure books,  you must know what the factory setting of port number
and interrupt number of your NE2000 card.  you have to know, to get them by any
means. then boot -cv  and setting ed0 ( or ed1) to those two numbers.

sure you have to edit /etc/rc.conf to set things up correctly before
shutdown -r now.  and hit dash see we, -cv, at boot prompt, boot:

rgds,
psr