Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 1998 11:20:47 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        tom@sdf.com (Tom), capriotti@geocities.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X based Free installation

In message <199801072126.OAA08825@usr06.primenet.com> Terry Lambert writes:
: Now with all this said, it IS possible to make non-graphical installs
: that do this.  The Windows 3.1 install is a good example.  But such
: examples do not abound in the real world; they are few and far between.

I think that a sysinstall-tng could be made to do these things.
Personally, I'd rather see it come up with just three choices: Novice,
Express and Custom.  It should then walk you through things for these
things.   Maybe having an advanced choice as well for all the other
cool things that sysintall lets you do now.

Maybe I'll get some time to play with this, but not likely. :-(.  Too
many neat ideas, and not enough time to implement them.

Warner