Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 13:45:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Quake's out, where's that Linux ELF emulation?

On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, David Greenman wrote:
>    No, that would be *extremely* childish and bad business to boot. Besides,

>    You can put me on record as saying that I think it's very bad policy to
> sink to the levels of the Linux fanatics.
>
> David Greenman

I totally agree with that. We shouldn't drop to id's level in order to
make them look stupid. Also, if one looks in quake talk, whatever the
latest version is, id has said multiple times that the source code for
the server will be avaliable, but the source for the client will not. At
this point, it looks like we can run a Quake server on FreeBSD if this is
the case. I may be wrong.

== coredump@nervosa.com ================= http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==