Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:03:22 -0400
From:      Sugih Jamin <jamin@eecs.umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   error message

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE with PAO on my Sony Vaio 505EX.
I couldn't find a pao specific mailing list, so I hope someone here
can help answer my question.

Occasionally I get the following error messages:

  wd0: interrupt timeout:
followed by:
  wd0: status 50<rdy,seekdone> error 0
or
  wd0: status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 0
or
  wd0: status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 1<no_dam>

It sounds like the disk is spinning down but is immediately
woken up again by the OS trying to write something.

I get these messages both with apm turned on and off.

Does this mean something is wrong with my hard drive?
Or is there a configuration parameter I can tweak?
Thanks.

--
sugih