Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 16:42:54 -0300
From:      daniel_sobral@voga.com.br
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make_device_driver.sh

> because the code is missing this functionality...  and requires the
> hard coded configuration obtained from ioconf.c (via config(8))...

IRQ, base i/o, interrupt vector, etc? I was planning to hard code all that
into isa_device structure, through defines on lkm/drivername/Makefile. I'm
more interested in providing an easy way to develop drivers (since most
people using this script are likely to be beginners at the dd writing
stuff) than any production level stuff. Not having to reboot is kind of
neat. :-) Is there anything not in isa_device structure being set?

> now you could hard code everything and just access the hardware, but
> that would just be ugly... also, there isn't a way to access the
> routine to initally config an isa device (but you can reconfig it)..

What do you mean routine to initially config an isa device? What routine?

--
Daniel C. Sobral                      (8-DCS)
Daniel_Sobral@voga.com.br