Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 10:53:32 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   48!

It's been a tough two days, but it was well worth it. Finally I have reached
level three!

One thing I'm yet to find in KDE is how to get in and really configure stuff
properly. Take Snake Race for example. After becoming disenchanted with
KDE's tetris, I picked Snake Race as being the closest game to my beloved
worm(6). But I want my snake to have brakes, or at least an overall speed
control, and that doesn't seem to be an option.

This snake has no apetite at all, shying away from the apples, encircling
them with its body rather than eating them. Even after permanently disposing
of the needlessly distracting opponent snake and the killer bouncing ball,
the snake still showed more interest in avoiding apples than eating them.
Eventually the computer took pity on us and threw out a whole lot more
apples to make them easier to catch. A nice touch, I thought :-)

Faced with so much food and the boredom of making figure eights for a whole
day, the snake's apetite improved. By last night we were exploring the
second room, and this morning we made it all the way into level three before
collapsing victorious against the wall, achieving a record two-digit score!
Stand back, world, there's no stopping this snake now!

Oh... I think I hear 'man sh' calling. Whoever said unix is hard?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-