Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 15:24:13 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I did it!! Success! Yes!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  I thought I knew Win95 like the back of my hand.. I
guess it was more like the back of my thumb instead.

It worked... I added the name to "hosts.sam" in c:\windows (and copied the
file to a file just called "hosts" for good measure, just in case) and now
I can use the name rather than the IP address.

You've saved the day, Sue!!  Now, how to get that darned MSIE4 to recognize
that that one particular IP address doesn't need to be dialed via modem
automatically when I try to connect to it (I have TCP/IP bound to both the
dialup adapter and my Ethernet card in Win95)... and everything would be
PERFECT.  I may be expecting too much though... :-)  I guess it's no big
deal to hit "cancel" when that dialup window pops up... I'll be using the
modem more often than I will be connecting to the BSD box anyway.

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.