Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 18:49:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        daniel_sobral@voga.com.br, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make_device_driver.sh

> soon, when I've completed the bus/device code, then this will be possible,
> but at the same time, the current LKM system will be replaced with the
> kld system, so there won't be any "special" handling of dynamicly loaded
> modules, just special handling of brain-dead not upgraded devices that
> don't support unloading..

Since this is going to be a big change anyway...

Is there any chance I can convince you to do seperate open/close calls
for each instance of an open or a close?

PHK wanted this last year, but was shouted down because of the impact
it would have.  If you are about to cause the same magnitude impact
in the same area... it seems like a logical time to bring this up again.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.