Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:10:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        ANDREAS.KLEMM.AK@bayer-ag.de
Cc:        "        -         (052)scsi(a)FreeBSD.ORG" <scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD boot from a 18 GB SCSI harddisk ?

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 ANDREAS.KLEMM.AK@bayer-ag.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> If I*%d plan to get a PII 450 MHz system with
> an ASUS P2B-S ( or LS) board which contains an
> AIC 7890 chip on board, could I install FreeBSD on
> it and would the system run without trouble (could I access
> all 18 GB) ???
>
> BTW, I just heard this board has 2 SCSI connectors (one 50 and one 68).
> Does this system have one or two SCSI channels ?
> Is it then possible, to install an Ultra 2 Wide SCSI Harddisk like the Seagate
> Cheetah or Barracuda on the wide connector and normal Narrow SCSI
> Devices like CD-Rom and Tape on the other connector ???

You might want to search old scsi or hardware lists here, Andreas.  I
remember somebody in the last 2 months having some bad comments about
reliability of those 18 GB disks.  Simultaneously, I saw a good number
of those disks start to show up discounted.  Take care.

> So to say, can I mix 20 MHZ with 80 MHz SCSI devices ???
>
>  Andreas ///

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-scsi" in the body of the message

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).