Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:01:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      pcn@teil.soft.net (P.C.Narasimha Reddy)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com Eterlink III

hi
I am having problems in using a 3Com EtherLink III 3C509B card with FreeBSD.
when the card is being probed by the "ep" device driver, the following
messages are being printed at boot time:

one card found
card in test mode Erase the Pencil mark
eeprom failed
ep0 not found at 0x300

i had configured the card using the software provided along with the card
with IRQ 10 and address 0x300, and am using the same values in my config file.

i have another Dlink Ethernet card already in my system using the following
configuration:
"ed0" IRQ "5" address "0x320"
and its working fine. I want to put the 3Com card also so that i can have
two cards on the system.

can anyone please help me by advising how to go about with this problem?

thanx in advance
regards
--