Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 19:55:21 +0100
From:      pb@fasterix.freenix.org (Pierre Beyssac)
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith), pb@fasterix.freenix.org (Pierre Beyssac), emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: playing with the Linux JDK 1.1.3 under -current

Warner Losh writes:
> One thing you might want to look at is the OpenBSD hacks in the last
> month or two in their Linux emulator.

Thanks for the hint, I'll give their code a look and will try to
integrate their fixes.

I have just sent PRs with patches for 2 fixes (TCP_NODELAY and the
non-blocking connect I mentioned), but I haven't had the PR #
returned yet. I'll send these to Mike when I get them.

> There are a fair number of
> quirks in Linux's implementation of the socket API that they had to do
> some really gross things.

I can't say this surprises me... Compatibility with existing code
was apparently the last of their worries, it's so much better to
reinvent the wheel as usual.
--
Pierre Beyssac	      pb@fasterix.frmug.org pb@fasterix.freenix.org
{Free,Net,Open}BSD, Linux : il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher