Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:41:55 +0200
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: radeon regression after xorg update

On 07/10/13 16:33, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 09/07/2013 21:10 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>>
>> For a number of reasons I've been postponing the big Xorg upgrade on my radeon
>> machine, but I finally did it today.
>>
>> My configuration:
>> Hardware: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, which is IGP from 780G/RS780 chipset.
>> Software:
>> 	xorg-server-1.12.4_1,1
>> 	xf86-video-ati-6.14.6
>
> Downgrading xf86-video-ati to 6.14.4 seems to fix the problem.
> I haven't tried 6.14.5 yet and 6.14.3 does not appear to work with the current
> xorg-server.
> Probably this is a good candidate for an upstream bug report.

Can you please try 6.14.5 as well, and maybe even doing a bisect of the
code between a working release and a non-working release to see what
causes this?
I doubt upstream will accept patches, since 6.14.* is quite old at this
point, but you can always try.  I think it will be even easier if you
have a specific revision in question that breaks.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising