Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:52:44 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, gmarco@giovannelli.it, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA CF

> In article <199804231905.MAA00835@dingo.cdrom.com>
> mike@smith.net.au writes:
>
> >> Fix it so it works with two IDE interfaces.  8)
> >> That just means mapping it somewhere more sensible, right?
>
> I think that two easy userland solutions are available.  These are not
> essencial, but I think these solutions are effective.
>
> 1. After the failure of xxx_probe() with I/O addresses specified by
>    CIS because of resouce allocation failure, retries it again with
>    dynamic I/O address allocation.
>
> 2. Disable static I/O address allocation for wdc driver.
>
> I think the former is better solution.

The correct solution is to generalise the allocation of I/O resources
for pccards such that they are dynamically sought and allocated.  Using
the CIS tuples in the card is IMHO an error.

Tatsumi-san - I will be in Japan from May 2nd to about the 16th or so.
I would very much like to meet with you and discuss these and other
related issues at considerable length, perhaps also with other PAO
contributors if any are interested.

Is this possible?  If anyone else wants to participate, please contact
me off the list over the next few days and I will try to coordinate
some meetings.