Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2003 05:51:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?q?Pedro=20F.=20Giffuni?=" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RMS says: "Use BSD, for goodness sake!"

Hi;

Before this thread finishes it's natural cycle... I wanted to
point out an important issue.

The one GPL'd code that we include and that is more poisonous
than any other is GNU readline. GNU readline FYI is a library
but it is not covered by the LGPL but by the GPL (this was done
on purpose) which means that any utility that uses it "borks"
into GPL'd.

The worst of all is that the code is good and a replacement is
not easy :(. Rich Salz had something similar which I sent to
some BSD people but it didn't catch much interest.

cheers,

   Pedro.

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/