Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:51:02 -0500
From:      Mike Kephart <mkephart@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   mSQL getting stuck in objtrm state

Hello,

	I'm running 3.2-STABLE from a CVSUP of the evening of 8/17.
For several months I've been running a Perl5 + DBI/DBD script which
exercises mSQL pretty well using around 15 fork()ed processes
reading from and writing to the database.

	Since this last update to STABLE, I've been seeing the mSQL
daemon (msql2d) getting stuck in objtrm state, and I'm forced to
reboot to clean up.  I'm running mSQL binaries and library built under
3.2-RELEASE.

	Anybody else seen anything like this recently?  (The archives
show "objtrm" problems in CURRENT several months ago, but seems
unrelated)  Can anyone suggest methods of getting a better
understanding of the problem?  Can anyone speculate on whether this
is really something "interesting" to those running STABLE or whether
this really seems to be a personal problem?

	Thanks,
	MikeK