Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:23:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lars Jonas Olsson <jonas@Mcs.Net>
To:        tinguely@plains.nodak.edu (Mark Tinguely)
Cc:        jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   EDO parit RAM (Was Re: Tyan ...)

 Note that there are two kinds of EDO parity RAM. One works both in
parity and ECC mode and the other only in ECC mode. I first bought EDO
parity RAM from Micron that only worked in ECC mode (Have to write all
4 parity bits at once). I then found EDO parity RAM from Samsung that
works in regular parity mode. The type I buy is 32MB 60 ns, 72 pin,
gold leads, p/n KMM5368105BKG-6 they are sort of expensive though at
$280.

Jonas