Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:28:06 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>, FreeBSD-Stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: xl driver again? Re: mbuf leakage on 4.1.1-STABLE

In message <20001012100951.I272@fw.wintelcom.net> Alfred Perlstein writes:
: shell out the cash and get an Intel card, it's worth it, they can do
: full 100mbit and hardly use any CPU.

I've been able to find used intel fxp cards on ebay for $20.00 from
time to time.  I suspect they work better than the realtek cards for
$20 :-).  I've found some pnic cards locally in an odd formfactor
(nlx) for $9.00 and they work great for $9.00, but they are no fxp
(see man 4 dc and look for 82c169 PNIC if you want to know why).
Also, it hurts having to run them w/o the mounting metal, but for
$9.00, I won't complain.

Warner