Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:49:13 -0500
From:      "Potts, Ross" <rpotts@harris.com>
To:        "'freeBSD-questions@freebsd.org'" <freeBSD-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Broken chip on ide CD-RW?

Anyone?  Anyone?  Buehler...Buehler?

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Potts, Ross
	Sent:	Monday, October 30, 2000 9:39 AM
	To:	'freeBSD-questions@freebsd.org'
	Subject:	Broken chip on ide CD-RW?

	I inherited a Ricoh CD-RW from my father in law.  He said it just stop
working.
	It is a Ricoh MP7040A
	I am seeing if I can get it to run.  During bootup.  It is recognized
and named
	properly along with my regular CD-ROM drive.

	During the FBSD installation Process, I am even given a choice of CDROM
drives
	to install from.  When I select the Ricoh, I get an I/O error# 5.  What
is that?

	Would it be worth it to flash the firmware under Windows?  Or do I have
a 4X
	paper weight?