Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 96 13:34:31 -0600
From:      Carl Payne <cpayne@fiber.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CGI executes only on http, not https

...And, once again, I prove how subject lines are not my forte...

We have a VDN client whose CGI scripts execute just fine when accessed
NON-SSL, but when addressed through their https URL you get:

File Not Found
The requested URL /cgi-bin/file.cgi was not found on this server

OK, looks elementary enough.  Here's what I've done:

Made sure there was a "Directory cgi-bin / allow from all" type of block in
the ssl_conf/httpd.conf same as the non-SSL VDN conf file...

Made sure the srm.conf in ssl_conf supported .cgi as a file extension; this
also appears in the httpd.conf

Tried to make sure everything that allowed cgi execution from the non-SSL VDN
was also in the ssl_conf/httpd.conf

Checked both the documentation (sic) and my favorite search engine.  Haven't
seen the archive, nor a 3rd party FAQ yet.

Right now, I'm approaching Wit's End (the last stop before Dead Man's Curve),
and I'm wondering what would keep a CGI script invisible to the SSL VDN but
available to the non-SSL one.

All help appreciated; thanks in advance.

Carl