Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:38:01 +0100
From:      Martin Schweizer <lists_freebsd@bluewin.ch>
To:        Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>
Cc:        Martin Schweizer <info@pc-service.ch>
Subject:   Re: How to remote contact x server

--HWvPVVuAAfuRc6SZ

Hello Bart

Am Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 01:20:14PM -0500 Bart Silverstrim schrieb:
>=20
> On Mar 13, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Martin Schweizer wrote:
>=20
> >Hello
> >
> >I've two X server: a client and a server. How I can contact from the=20
> >client
> >the server (I read some articles but did not find a solution)? I can
> >successfully start X applications over SSH but I can't contact the=20
> >xdm. What
> >do I wrong?
>=20
> What do you mean?  If you're starting the X app on the remote system=20
> using X-forwarding with ssh, you're running a remote application using=20
> the remote system's CPU and memory.  If you're trying to do something=20
> like open a whole X session on the remote system like a remote=20
> terminal, something like a "remote desktop", you'd probably need to=20
> look into using something like VNC over SSH or something using XNest=20
> may work.

Now I can start remote applications (like OpenOffice) remote without proble=
ms.=20
My goals are to use a "remote desktop" (like you describe). Is there a VNC=
=20
server for X?

--=20

Regards

Martin Schweizer
<info@pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer GmbH; Bannholzstrasse 6; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch;
public key : http://www.pc-service.ch/pgp/public_key.asc;=20
fingerprint: EC21 CA4D 5C78 BC2D 73B7  10F9 C1AE 1691 D30F D239;

--HWvPVVuAAfuRc6SZ

--HWvPVVuAAfuRc6SZ--