Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:42:09 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libretto 50ct?

In message <199808282302.RAA06608@mt.sri.com> Nate Williams writes:
: > PC Nation has this system for $750.  Can anyone give a thumbs up or thumbs
: > down on this one?

actually, for $750, you can get 70CT which is much better than the
50CT.  It is faster, charges while on and has a better battery life.

: Other downsides particular to the 50.
: 1) The docking station is almost useless.
: 2) You can't plugin an external keyboard.

Yes.  You can.  I happily type on my Newton keyboard attached to the
port replicator all the time on my libretto.

: 3) If you have the box plugged in, it will not recharge the battery.

The 70CT and 100CT don't have this problem.

: 4) It's *really* slow.

The newer ones are faster.  The 50CT isn't too bad for light or medium
duty, but for heavy duty stuff, I tend to go with the PPro 200 I have
at home...

Warner