Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:19:29 -0600
From:      freebsd@unixbeast.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   sis 900 10/100BaseTX

I have a laptop (i-buddy) that I have put FreeBSD on.  Everything works great except for the NIC.  I think the problem is that freebsd does not have any support for this sis card because it is too new.  Anyone know what to do ?  I have included the description of the NIC from the web site that I bought the laptop, and the chunk of dmesg that has information about the sis card.

(sis discription)
Communications:
Onboard full duplex 10/100 Base-T ethernet, MAC: SiS? 961 built-in
56K / V.90 Conexant PCI software data/fax modem
Built-in SIR transceiver module, IrDA 1.3 standard compliant up to 4.0Mbps

(chunk of dmesg)
ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
pci0: <multimedia, audio> at device 2.7 (no driver attached)
sis0: <SiS 900 10/100BaseTX> port 0xd400-0xd4ff mem 0xcfff9000-0xcfff9fff irq 5 at device 3.0 on pci0
sis0: Ethernet address: 00:50:eb:0e:40:d7
sis0: MII withour any PHY!
device_probe_and_attach: sis0 attach returned 6
pci0: <simple comms> at device 5.0 (no driver attached)
pci0: <serial bus, FireWire> at device 7.0 (no driver attached)

Thanks,
Dave