Date:      Sat, 10 Jul 1999 00:08:04 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "Nick Hibma" <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Solved (was SMC EZcard or Linksys ethernet?)

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:19:23 +0200 (MET DST), Nick Hibma wrote:

>> ed0 not found at 0x280
>> I made the cards 280H, IRQ 5 and made sure that FreeBSD was looking for
>> them.

I didn't have DOS on the FreeBSD machine and was configuring the cards
in a separate computer. Someone suggested that I use a boot floopy and
configure the cards in the FreeBSD box. As soon as I ran the card
configuration it complained about a conflict at 280H and made the
address 220. I changed FreeBSD to look for the card there and it
worked.