Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:08:28 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        dave@turbocat.de (David Wetzel)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 0.82 and PCC-16

From the keyboard of David Wetzel:

> <nofill>> From: tobi@bland.fido.de (Tobias Ernst)
>
> > Isdn4bsd 0.81 was still able to probe the PCC-16, but the answering machine
> > did not work (instead of the sound that should be played, only noise cam
>
> Someone changed to audio format :-(

It was me. There is not even the slightest need for the ":-(" here, for
various reasons: first, the old format was obviously not compatible with
the various sound manipulating programs because i did it wrong in the
first place. Second, this fact is documented. Third, at that time a new
utility g711conv (look at the name, do you see any similarity to the old
sound file filename extensions ?) was introduced which allows conversion
not only between audio formats but also between the old and the new format.

> I would also be glad If I could #define the audio format to the old one.
> </nofill>This would save me from adapting my answering machine, the sounds, the
> dtmf detection code etc...

The dtmf detection code has also been changed to support the new format.
All the code - including your answering machine - in contrib has also
been updated.

Is there anything else i can do to save you from reading docs and code ???

Have a nice day,
hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77