Date:      Sat, 04 Aug 2007 01:30:05 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ldconfig when PACKAGE_BUILDING=YES (and linux ports)

Hi!

Seems that running ldconfig while building a package at package
cluster (i.e. when PACKAGE_BUILDING is defined) is quite useless. [1]

To be more specific I'm interested at linux ports. ATM we run linux
ldconfig (using linuxulator) _at package building_. Hence to create a
package for FC6 port we should change compat.linux.osrelease (which I
don't like and try to avoid). If the "ldconfig" stage may be skipped
when PACKAGE_BUILDING is defined then things get way too easier both
for default kernel linux.osrelease and default linux_base port change.

What do you think?

[1] Actually, I see only one reason to run it -- to test if it runs. ;-)

WBR
--
bsam