Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 12:17:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      john goerzen <jgoerzen@cs.twsu.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of DOS emulator?

Hi,

I am wondering what the status of FreeBSD's DOS emulator is.  For
instance, how soon will it be able to run basic PX/XT-style (real mode)
DOS programs?

Also, will it be able to run DOS programs over a terminal that is not the
console?  Ie, a null-modem cable?

I am pondering a switch to NetBSD because it will run DOSEMU.  I want to
know if staying with FreeBSD will be worth the wait, and how long that
wait will be.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

(ps...please cc a copy of your reply to me via e-mail because I'm not yet
subscribed to this list.  Thanks.)