Date:      Tue, 26 May 2009 14:33:54 +0300
From:      Ott =?iso-8859-1?q?K=F6stner?= <ottk@zzz.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Streaming server

On Monday 25 May 2009 4:41:04 pm Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> I have some short movies (a la YouTube) that I would like to show as=20
> video streams. Presenting them by download is messing up my bandwidth (..=
=2E).
> Can someone tell me if there is a simple solution installing such a=20
> stream service/server into FreeBDS 7.2?

Have You tried FFserver?

NAME
       ffserver - FFserver video server

SYNOPSIS
       ffserver [options]

DESCRIPTION
       FFserver is a streaming server for both audio and video. It supports
       several live feeds, streaming from files and time shifting on live
       feeds (you can seek to positions in the past on each live feed, pro-
       vided you specify a big enough feed storage in ffserver.conf).
[...snip...]

# pkg_info ffmpeg-2008.07.27_10
Information for ffmpeg-2008.07.27_10:

Comment:
Hyper fast realtime audio/video encoder/converter, streaming server
WWW: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/

With best regards,
Ott K=F6stner

=2D-=20