Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:00:50 -0400
From:      Nader <dark@venix.net>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: crash

Here's what's in the logs:
Oct 12 05:25:23 shadow popper[41386]: @pa-indiana1a-670.pit.adelphia.net: -ERR
Too few arguments for the auth command.
Oct 12 05:25:24 shadow popper[41386]: dark@pa-indiana1a-670.pit.adelphia.net:
-ERR Unknown command: "xsender".
Oct 12 05:28:35 shadow popper[41414]: @pa-indiana1a-670.pit.adelphia.net: -ERR
Too few arguments for the auth command.
Oct 12 07:53:47 shadow login: auth_pam: Conversation error
Oct 12 08:03:56 shadow /kernel: Copyright (c) 1992-2000 The FreeBSD Project.
Oct 12 08:03:56 shadow /kernel: Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988,
1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994

I think the machine rebooted after that, I'm not sure if it's a crash or a power
failure. but, what's those error messages? I mean could it be the popper
crashing the machine?

'cause i keep getting this in my logs:

Oct 12 14:04:03 shadow popper[1128]: @pa-indiana1a-670.pit.adelphia.net: -ERR
Too few arguments for the auth command.
Oct 12 14:04:04 shadow popper[1128]: dark@pa-indiana1a-670.pit.adelphia.net:
-ERR Unknown command: "xsender".

I didn't run mergemaster 'cause I dunno how to use it. I tried once and the
machine never came back online :(

Thanks,

    - Nader