Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:01:52 -0400
From:      "Justin" <djinn@psycopath.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem unmounting a NFS fs

Hello all,

Recently I had a 4.1 machine running an NFS server so that I could easily
back up files on my web servers. However powers that be (aka the boss)
didn't like the idea that much and pulled the plug. Literally, just pulled
the plug. Now the problem that I am running into is the web servers won't
unmount the file system that was previously my 4.1 machine. These machines
are Cobalt Microservers, running mips Linux.

I have attempted the following.

umount -n /<dir>
also removed the mount from mtab and attempted to delete the dir, device
busy.

The man pages for the umount command on these boxes doesn't give many other
options. I tried -f switch, but alas I get a return of  "forcable umount not
yet supported".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Justin
Pennsylvania Online LTD

*The analogy of a fast, economical automobile with lots of gadgets,
 and sporty appearance that frequently stalls in traffic despite repeated
 visits to the authorized service center is actually quite representative
 of Windows NT*