Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:02:15 +0000
From:      Greg Burch <gregb@qosnet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        png@qosnet.com
Subject:   Triton II workaround?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help on this one or point us to someone
who can?

We get the following messages when we boot Triton-II's using FreeBSD
2.1.0:
pci0:0: Intel Corporation, device=0x1250, class=bridge (host) [no driver
assigned]
pci0:7: Intel Corporation, device=0x7000, class=bridge (isa) [no driver
assigned]

For comparison, we get these messages on our Tritons:
chip0 <Intel 82437 (Triton)> rev 2 on pci0:0
chip1 <Intel 82371 (Triton)> rev 2 on pci0:7

We are using identical kernels on all machines. On the Triton-IIs, we do
not get interrupts passed through to our interrupt handlers and we
assume this has something to do with "no driver assigned".

We have used a real simple DOS-based tickler on the Triton-IIs and the
interrupts are detected.

We'd appreciate thoughts regarding possible solutions.

Thanks,

Greg Burch
Qosnetics