Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 1996 16:41:43 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@devetir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will FreeBSD Run on This?

Hi, Reference:
> From: Stephen McKay <syssgm@devetir.qld.gov.au>
> Subject: Re: Will FreeBSD Run on This?
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 14:25:08 +1000 (EST)
>
> Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu> writes:
>
> >> If this is the "Natural", swap this at all costs.  It is the worst
> >> keyboard in the world, but I won't bore you with the details (I can
> >
> >there are M$ "Natural" clones that have better feeling key feedbacks and
> >are cheaper also.
>
> Tell me who makes them!  For bonus points, tell me about ones sold in
> Australia.  I have no personal love for M$ and would feel better buying
> somebody else's ergo keyboard.  I just haven't seen any others for sale
> here.
>
> Stephen.

Marquadt in Germany have been clearing their old stock through mail order
retailers at DM 70  (there's vaguely 1.5 DM per US $)
(but German keycaps layout only, so you'd need indelible marker every 6 months)
The keyboards before being declared `end of line' were going for a about DM 300.
Then there's shipping, the German post extracts blood for postage ;-)

I've also seen fold out/hinge together boards in my local (Munich) high street
(Schiller str) for those schizoid folk who are ergonomic only half the time
(or like to adjust the angle :-)  Manufacturer was some well known co. like
Cherry or some such.

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/