Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 10:55:41 -0700
From:      "Robb Witte" <johaan@wittedot.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CVSup and ports

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01C20EDB.0844ABA0

Hello I used CVSup to update my ports collection it finished without =
error and from the date stamps it appears to have updated my ports =
collection.  But I tried to install a package from sysinstall I receive =
this error:

Unable to get packages/INDEX file from selected media.   =20

This may be because the packages collection is not available
on the distribution media you've chosen, most likely an FTP site
without the packages collection mirrored.  Please verify that
your media, or your path to the media, is correct and try again.

I get the same error on each of the ftp sites that are available.

Any suggestions?

thanks for the help

-Robb

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01C20EDB.0844ABA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello I used CVSup to update my ports =
collection it=20
finished without error and from the date stamps it appears to have =
updated my=20
ports collection.&nbsp;&nbsp;But I tried to install a package from =
sysinstall I=20
receive this error:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Unable to get packages/INDEX file from =
selected=20
media.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>This may be because the packages collection is not =
available</DIV>
<DIV>on the distribution media you've chosen, most likely an FTP =
site</DIV>
<DIV>without the packages collection mirrored.&nbsp; Please verify =
that</DIV>
<DIV>your media, or your path to the media, is correct and try =
again.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I get the same error on each of the ftp sites that are =
available.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any suggestions?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>