Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 01:02:49 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail 8.11/TLS

At 3:37 PM -0700 2000/10/12, Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:

>  SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+=	-DSTARTTLS -D_FFR_TLS_O_T -D_FFR_TLS_1 -D_FFR_TLS_TOREK

	I'm confused.  The CFLAGS line seems to indicate to me that
you're using the Torek stdio library, which I understand comes with
BSD by default (although I'm not sure if it's turned on by default).

	However, I've recently tried to install sendmail 8.11.1 here at
this site, according to the instructions that come with the source,
and those instructions have you downloading and installing the AT&T
sfio 1999 library instead.  Is it possible for sendmail 8.11.1 to use
either version of the stdio libraries and yet still get STARTTLS
working?

	If so, are there any future plans to modify the instructions that
come with the source to include the option of using a different stdio
library (such as Torek, which I understand can give you certain other
highly desirable benefits)?

	Also (less related to this mailing list), are there any plans to
support other stdio libraries on other platforms, but that also
include support for STARTTLS?

	Thanks!

Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium