Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:05:14 -0300
From:      Vinicius Vianna <ds@hacked.com.br>
To:        Rafael Aquino <freebsd@bsdserver.com.br>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: carp and nat

Hi,

Your network layout would help in this but anyway.
The carp on the external interface should be used to the external router
know what firewall to send your incoming packets, and the carp on the
internal interface to the same thing on you LAN.
You can check with route(8) what interface is being used to route your
packets, so you will know what interface the nat should run on pf, in my
machines i have used the nat on the external interface, so as they are
the route to the external world, but this was on OpenBSD, it should be
the same on FreeBSD.

HTH,
Vinicius