Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 12:46:09 -0700
From:      Ernest Hua <hua@chromatic.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        hua@chromatic.com
Subject:   Possible Bug: 3c595 hangs on bursty transactions ...

My 3c595 does not appear to work on bursty transactions.  Two cases:

1.  When bootstrapping a new Gateway P166, the ftp transfers appear to
    hang after it starts, but the server did initiate the return data
    connection so we are not completely hosed ... just the data transfer
    part.

2.  When cutting and pasting more than a few lines of text on a telnet
    connection to the machine with the 3c595, the session hangs after
    the first few lines are pasted.  (I'm using a remote xterm to do the
    telnet.)

Any ideas?

Ern