Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:39:09 +0000
From:      Igor Mozolevsky <igor@hybrid-lab.co.uk>
To:        Vagner <root.vagner@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Russian's laws

2009/10/31 Vagner <root.vagner@gmail.com>:

> Yes, i mean this is the law... In addition to the Federal Security Service
> checks and will deal with
> the Federal Service for Technical and Export Control (FSTEC). According
> to the normative legal documents No. ROSS RU.0001.01BI00
> (http://www.fstec.ru/_srt/_prbser.htm) and the state registry of
> certified funds (http://www.fstec.ru/_doc/_reestr_sszi.xls) all used for
> processing and storage facilities should be certified. The site
> www.fstec.ru given a full list of legal documents on the subject. It is
> not sad it sounds - but it turns freebsd in russia will simply be
> banned:(

Let me ask you again - *where specifically* does it actually say that
all systems that process data must be certified or compliant with a
specific standard? The Zakon is very vague on the exact criteria and
that is for a reason... The closest thing I could find to what you are
describing was on the FSTEC site in relation to *State* Secrets...

Besides, if *all* systems that process personal data had to be
certified, you do realise that includes telephones, PBXes, PDAs and so
on?.. I think you're over-reacting...

Cheers,

--
Igor