Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:31:21 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   what ype of app? port of "*free*"-service app?

	People,

	This is a bit hard to figure out how  to phrase, so please bear
	with me.  I want to put-back a BBS/forum type app somewhere on my
	site so that members of my writing group can continue to help me
	with their suggestions and edits of my Jottings project.  Some
	people are taking a break for the summer, &c.

	I've had PHPBB up a few times, and lost it as many times for
	different reasons.  It takes about an hour to set up one of these
	``forum'' applications; I don't know about the others.

	Does anyone have a best-win/solution as to which port/package to
	use?   Or would it be just as good to go with a canned
	(javascript or other) app?

	Again: the nutshell is to allow my fellow writers to comment-on,
	edit, suggest, critique, flame, whatever, my jotting meditation.
	[for now, the URL would not be published.]

	tia,

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix