Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:40:21 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        mike.saunders@futurenet.co.uk
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD daemon usage for magazine

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:28:59 +0000
Mike Saunders <mike.saunders@futurenet.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At Linux Format magazine we're featuring FreeBSD on the coverdisc in an upcoming issue. Marshall Kirk McKusick has given us permission to use the Beastie graphic, but I'd just like to check if this permission ('likeliness') extends to this image:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/gifs/daemon_hammer.jpg
>
> Are we OK to use that, given that we have McKusick's permission to use Beastie, or does that image in particular require other rights?

As far as I understand it, reading Kirk's official site, the
Beastie image in all forms must have his final say.  So I'd
say that if he's cool, you're cool.

Note: I am not a lawyer, I just see this as accepted practice.
Last time I needed to use the Beastie image, I called Kirk and
had a nice chat about it.

--
Tom Rhodes