Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:44:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        "Saad M. Waraich" <Saad.Waraich@Pakistan.NCR.COM>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, leo@talcom.net, se@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NCR 875 and tagged queing. Broken?

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Saad M. Waraich wrote:

> The problem is a combination of the NCR driver and the Atlas III drive.
> I have an 875 based card (Tekram 390F) and a 2 gig. Atlas III drive and
> I've seen this problem a lot.
>
> Upgrading the drive's firmware didn't help either. Is it worth it to talk
> to Quantum about this problem ? They could easily shrug it off saying
> that it is a problem in the driver.

I haven't gotten around to upgrading the firmware and testing it on an 8xx
as it is sitting on an Adaptec AVA-2825 VL-bus card.  Works great over
there, but I don't think the aic driver even has provisions for tagged
queueing, does it?  (Or, does the controller even support it?)

I'll play with it again at some point.  :)

Later......						<Doug>