Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:42:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
Cc:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>, Paul Richards <paul@originat.demon.co.uk>, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Comments on new search page..

On 15 Apr 1997, Paul Richards wrote:

> Is there consensus to make a start on this? We're not fundamentally
> disagreeing and the detail can fall out from an initial
> implementation.
>
> The existing /www/data area should be able to continue as it does
> while we build the new environment around it. i.e. we start with a
>
> /www/src
> /www/tool/{bin,lib}
> /www/build
>
> areas and start populating them since at the end of it all there will
> still be a /www/data with most of what is currently in it still there,
> only the cgi scripts and some other bits will migrate out.

A definate approval from me, but I've demoted myself from
webmaster (still working on the phd) and Ade Barkah
<mbarkah@hemi.com> should thus have a say, as the official one in
charge here.

So long as nothing inside www/data changes (yet), nothing in the
existing web build procedure should break.  When we start
re-configuring www/data, would could make a (short-lived)
"www-stable" cvs branch off so as not to disrupt the live web
page production during final testing of the new procedure.

-john