Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 95 13:35:11 EDT
From:      fcawth@squid.umd.edu (Fred Cawthorne)
To:        fcawth@squid.umd.edu (Fred Cawthorne)
Cc:        julian@ref.tfs.com, terry@cs.weber.edu, taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw, jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't boot a new 2.0.5A system

> The new install got the wrong geometry even when I had FreeBSD 2.0 on
> the entire disk...  Perhaps there was a problem with the stuff that
> an old fdisk created???  I don't remember if I ever installed with an NCR
> controller before.  (I used to have an Adaptec 1542CF on here...)
> So, maybe my NCR scsi bios is messing things up???
> Are you guys sure that the user setting of the geometry thing (i.e. G in
> the fdisk screen) is working properly??
>
> Fred.

Hmmm.  I guess there was something funny going on with translation.
I just tried again with a small dos partition on the disk and it appears
to boot properly.  Anyway, the method of making a dos partition on the
disk so that fdisk gets the geometry seems to work fine...
Perhaps I was doing something wrong when I tried this before...

Fred.