Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 20:29:07 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>, Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nightmare.

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >> # mount /dev/st0 /mnt
> >> # cd /mnt
> >> (whirrrr chug)
> >> # (cd /usr; tar cvf - .) | tar xf -
> >> (whirrrr chug whirrrr chug whirrr chug for several years)
> >
> >Got to try out. What a pitty I have only  2GB DAT.... But I think I
> >can copy many small-sized files to it, if it works, of course.
>
> I tried it, it doesn't.

Which part of it didn't work? All or some specific?

	Sander

> Please fix it if you have time.  It is a usefull feature, in particular
> for a dat that can do moderately fast positioning.

I'll try to see what I can do. The feature would actually be really
usefull, even with the perhormance penalties. The 2G replaceable file
partitions would come at totally killer price! And it could actually
avoid having to pack away - just copy them over, if you need them again,
replace the cassett in the drive copy stuff over, later copy changed
stuff back. Heh... Much too good to be possible...

	Sander