Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:34:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Hummel <johanndirty@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   installworld problem

Hi,

I saw a few references but no definitive answer in the
archives. I have been cvsup'ing and making world every
day for the last 5 days and the result is always the
same:

ln -sf libz.so.2 /usr/lib/libz.so
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 zlib.3.gz
/usr/share/man/man3
===> bin
===> bin/cat
install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   cat /bin
/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/libexec/elf/strip:
/bin/stH13908: Operation not permitted
*** Error code 70

Stop in /usr/src/bin/cat.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

It always fails in the exact same place. I even rm
-rf'd my source tree and started again with a new
cvsup just to be sure my source wasn't funkified.

I'm puzzled.