Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:12:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      seek3r <seek3r@neurotic.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JDK 1.3.1 on Freebsd?

Hello all,

I've decided to use java with my bsd box only im not sure how to implement
that.  Ive used java on linux for some time but find linux to be derivative.

Id love to use java on my bsd box, but is 1.3.1 really available on freebsd?
Is the hotspot JIT part of that jdk port?  If not, would you recommend
that I instead build 1.2.2 with an alternative JIT to run my jsp applications?

Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ps - which alternate opensource JITs would you recommend? Also, is IBM's
famed JDK for linux performing well on bsd in linux mode?

thanks,
Mel