Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:47:43 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Ignacio Cristerna <ignacioc@avantel.net>
Cc:        Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>, Bob Martin <bob@inu.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About introducing newbies to FreeBSD

On Thu 2000-11-02 (13:23), Ignacio Cristerna wrote:
> Please, I donīt mean to say that I donīt like FreeBSD; au contraire, I love
> starting with its little diablito. My post is to point a feature that may be
> confusing ther first(s) times you install FreeBSD. After hitting the wall
> many times, Iīve learned to use the expert installation option; I find it
> easier to use.

I was pretty sure you liked FreeBSD, but there's this attitude
developing where people will bring up stuff for the first time as an
example of why something doesn't work in a totally non-technical
discussion, deeply hidden from a large number of the eyes that can
probably help out.

I was just suggesting that we should acknowledge it, and do something
about it.  If there's a bug, report it.  That's the best way to improve
_your_ operating system if you're unable to hack away at it and fix it.
Actually, you'll probably have to file a PR to get your patch in anyway,
so even if you can hack a fix, report it. (:

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@mithrandr.moria.org