Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 96 20:15:26 EDT
From:      Red Barchetta <paradox@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, atorrey@quicklink.com
Subject:   [allan torrey <atorrey@quicklink.com>: hrlp]

>Hello.
>
>I'm doing an emergency server install, using FreeBSD.  I'm a novice, and am
>having a tough time.  Can you tell me please:  can I install using the Teac
>4speed 55a CDROM drive, which attaches to soundblaster?  I'm getting "no
>drive found" messages for both cdrom and scsi Future domain 18cxx.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Allan Torrey

Allan-

I'm fairly new at this myself... I know the FreeBSD GENERIC kernel does not
come with sound card support by default.  I would assume this includes
support for *any* part of the sound card, including the IDE channel on it.
If you have a free IDE port on the motherboard, try plugging the CD-ROM in
there instead.

Good luck!

Ernie Pistor