Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:42:39 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows Refund Day: Watch out for Linux tactics

> > > We have spoken to microsoft several times and they have said that they will
> > > be open. Now, if that is just a ploy and they are closed then this is all
> > > the better. Do you remember the movie "Roger and Me" ?
> >
> > Given that this is California, there should be enough truck-like
> > vehicles involved that someone will have enough chain and traction to
> > deal with something so flimsy as "doors".
>
> I assume that was a demonstration of your wonderful dry humor. Being an 4th
> generation New Yorker it's a bit too subtle for me ;-)

Sorry.  I was assuming that your movie reference was a subtle way of
saying "not being there would be a bad idea for them".  I was just
putting a different angle on it.

> Please keep in mind people that this will not be a storming of the
> Bastille, gratifying as it might be. We should be respectful of their
> property. We should be firm yet polite when we ask for our money back.

Indeed.  However it would be silly for them to assume that we will be
so nice.  I'm not expecting riot foam, but I wouldn't be surprised if
they're prepared to get heavy.  I think they have more class than to
deliberately escalate things though. *shrug*  We shall see what we see.