Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:18:31 -0800
From:      "Sean Hamilton" <sh@bel.bc.ca>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ACPI throttle doesn't cool CPU

Greetings,

After setting hw.acpi.cpu.performance_speed to 1, a dmesg of

acpi_cpu0: set speed to 6.2%

and a dog slow system, I am still finding my CPU pumping out heat. It's an
AMD 1333 with an A7V board. Is this typical behaviour? If so, I'll just
underclock the CPU in the bios. I was hoping to be able to run it at full
speed during builds.

All this ACPI stuff seems interesting, is it well documented anywhere? The
man page wasn't of much use.

thanks,

sh